Sunday, July 15, 2012

oh poo!

Cloth diapering is not for the weak-stomached. Thank goodness I do not have a high gag reflex with this pregnancy because I would have given up on cloth a long time ago!

I cloth diaper for the cost benefit. There are many reasons to use cloth for the environment and of course it is an added bonus but I am not what you call "green". Though I have recently switched to homemade detergent and cloth wipes...the main reason is once again cost. These are ways to help cut back on everyday expenses and I am CHEAP :)

So, here are some little tips I have learned about cloth diapering that I will share (though you may laugh and say duh!):

1. Proceed to the diaper sprayer with caution. Don't be in a hurry. If you try to rush, you will end up with poop on the toilet, wall, floor, and possibly yourself. Yes this has happened to me...multiple times. I do not use my bumgenius sprayer at full blast but about halfway.

2. Take out the insert of a pocket diaper before spraying. If you pull out the insert before you soak the diaper it will not drip as much as you put it into your wetbag.

3. Fold your diaper in half while spraying. This tip I picked up from a friend but it has helped immensely.

4. Unsnap, secure tabs, take out insert, etc. before putting into wetbag. I do all the steps to the diaper that you have to do before you wash, before I put the diaper into the wetbag that way you can just dump the diapers into the washer and don't have to touch them! This took some training for my husband but it is SO much easier!

That is all I have for now but some issues I am having is that my wetbag smells like a port-a-potty! ugh...any tips on this problem?


Give me a second to brag about how amazing my husband is. I mentioned that it was diaper night but fell asleep on the couch. I woke up to diapers on the drying rack!!! How amazing is he?!?! He knows how to serve his tired pregnant wife :)

0 comments: